Monday, April 2, 2007

Hello and welcome to my blog! This is my first entry and my first blog! I guess I should start with an introduction.... My name is Lara and I am 32 years old. I am married and the mother of a 13 year old boy and the step mother of a 15 year old girl. I am a vegetarian who has recently started a vegetarian cooking and information website. Check it out at www.compassionatecooking.com or www.cookvegetarianrecipes.com. We are a new site, so not everything is up and running yet, but I work on it every day. It will get better and better...I hope! We have vegetarian and vegan recipes....which is our mian focus...and we are working on sections for resources, articles, book reviews, a veg kids section, and much more! So, as I was saying, I am a vegetarian and I am working on a website. I am also an RVer. My husband, my son, and myself have been full-time RVers for the last two and a half years. We are currently hanging on the coast of Oregon, but we have been in California, Idaho, Washington, and Alaska. I love the Pacific Northwest, so I tend to stay around here. We do hope to head east eventually. I was born in Southern California. My early years were spent in Hollywood, and then we moved around LA for few years. I spent my teen years in Humbolt County...in Northern California. That is still my favorite place on Earth!!! I love to go back there and walk amongst the redwood trees. By the time I was 17 years old my family and I had moved to Alaska. It was there that I met my husband and where my son was born. We left in September 2004 and have been RVing ever since. Most of my family is still living in Alaska. I am an animal person. I have 2 dogs. A six and a half year old female German Shepard named Sadie and a one year old female red nose pit bull named Maggie. They are my babies! I also have a gang of spoiled cats. All of my pets are spayed or nuetered! Make sure yours are too! I love to write, sketch, paint, garden and cook. Those are my passions. I also watch a lot of movies. Okay, that is probably enough about me for now. I figure you can only stand so much trivial information at a time. I hope I will reach a few of you with this blog over time. I love the idea of it. Take care.

No comments: